Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The fifth book in the series, A Dance with Dragons, was released July 12, 2011, and Martin has confirmed that some chapters initially intended to be included in Dance have been moved to The Winds of Winter. He plans to re-unify all of the major POV characters in this book, rather than splitting them by location as was done with the fourth and fifth books in the series.
- 1 chapter confirmed: Aeron Greyjoy.
- 2 chapters confirmed: Cersei Lannister.
- 1 chapter confirmed: Sansa Stark.
- 1 chapter confirmed: Arya Stark.
- 2 chapter confirmed: Arianne Martell.
- 1 chapter confirmed: Theon Greyjoy.
- 2 chapters confirmed: Barristan Selmy.
- 2 chapters confirmed: Tyrion Lannister.
- 1 chapter confirmed: Victarion Greyjoy.
According to George R.R. Martin, roughly 200 manuscript pages of material were moved from A Dance with Dragons into The Winds of Winter for space reasons. He envisages the novel coming in at over 1,500 manuscript pages in length, similar to A Storm of Swords and A Dance with Dragons. He has released several teaser chapters on his website and read out other preview chapters at conventions and appearances. He does not envisage finishing the novel before 2016 at the very earliest.