House Dayne was loyal to House Targaryen during Robert's Rebellion. Its most famous member was Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, one of the most honest and true knights. He was killed by Lord Eddard Stark and his men when they stormed the Tower of Joy to find Lyanna Stark.
Edric Dayne is the current head of House Dayne. He squired for Beric Dondarrion, who is betrothed to his aunt, Allyria Dayne. The greatsword of House Dayne is named Dawn and was forged out of the core of a fallen star. It is said that only the most worthy of knights of the House Dayne can wield Dawn, thus receiving the honorific title 'Sword of the Morning'. Dawn had not been wielded since the death of Ser Arthur. It is presumed to be stored somewhere in Starfall.
Historical members Edit
- King Samwell Dayne, known as the Starfire. Sacked Oldtown in his lifetime.
- King Vorian Dayne, known as the Sword of the Evening. Last king of the Torrentine. Sent to the Wall by Nymeria.
- Ser Davos Dayne, third husband of Princess Nymeria.
- Ser Joffrey Dayne, who sacked the countryside of Oldtown in retaliation for the First Dornish War.
- Lady Clarisse Dayne, head of the House during the reign of Maegor I Targaryen.
- Ser Ulrick Dayne, a Sword of the Morning.
- Ser Arthur Dayne, a Sword of the Morning, who served as Kingsguard to King Aerys II Targaryen. He was Aerys' deadliest knight, and Rhaegar Targaryen's closest friend. Killed in combat with Eddard Stark at the Tower of Joy.
- Lady Ashara Dayne, the beautiful sister of Ser Arthur. Mysteriously took her own life after the death of her brother.