Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, they are not currently able to remove bureaucrat access from any user; please contact one of the community team if you need that done.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Who are this wiki's administrators?Edit
- Werthead - Given Admin/Sysop status on July 1, 2010. (Inactive)
- GhostWolf716 - Adopted this wiki on June 8, 2015.
- Bloxxasourus - Given Admin/Sysop status on June 8, 2015.
- CamTheWoot - Given Admin/Sysop status on June 8, 2015.
- WalkerTexasRanger - Given Admin/Sysop status on June 8, 2015.
How do I use administrator powers?Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
What can administrators not do?Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.